Mechanical Fitter with shipyard experience Full-time Job4 months ago - Engineering - Dubai - 717 views
- · Overhaul and calibrate various ship board machinery with technical precision, good engineering practices and quality as per the work instructions and clients’ & yard’s requirements to complete given job in a timely manner.
- · Conduct overhauling of various mechanical equipment as assigned. This equipment will include: Main Engine 2-stroke, Auxiliary Engine 4-stroke, Steam Turbine, Engine Turbocharger, Centrifugal Pump, Screw Pump, Gear Box, Winches and Windlass, COW machines IG/Pump room fans etc.
- · Repair different mechanical items such as; Turbines, Engines, Compressor, Winches, Windlass and different valves.) In line with defined standard operating procedures
- · Conduct overhauling & calibration of all relevant equipment in line with defined standard operating procedure. The equipment will include: Engine Fuel Pump & Injector, Safety & Relief Valves and PV Valves Steel chock bedding, Valve seat grinding using Chris marine, Retubing of heat exchangers, Plate type cooler cleaning, High pressure washing of engine parts, Air hoist, hydraulic pump, jacks, ETC repair and Rigging up to 10 tons
- · Maintain good working relationship with workers, appointed foreman, supervisors and management.
- · Ensure materials are of required standard prior to use, reporting damages when required.
- · Ensure that the Safety, Quality & Environment requirements of the yard are strictly followed.
- · Perform other job related duties as assigned by the section head.
- · I.T.I., Industrial/vocational training or Shipyard training
- · Experience in marine, oil & gas and offshore industry or relevant field.
- · Should be conversant with general mechanical fitting practices
- · Select and use appropriate measuring / testing devices
- · Read and understand technical drawings
- · Apply knowledge of appropriate engineering principles, techniques and procedures
- · Select and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and machines .
ITI or Vocational training in Marine Mechanic
Interested Candidates can apply on the same.
Legacy Smart Employment Services