Medical Receptionist Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - Everett - 603 views
The Receptionist operates as part of the team with other clinic support staff and healthcare providers. The Receptionist performs a variety of clerical, reception, and administrative or secretarial tasks: answers and screens phone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, obtains billing information, checks in patients, and maintains and updates patient demographic data. Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
- Works independently and is self-directed.
- Works effectively in team environment.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Produces work in high quantity and quality.
- Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
- Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
- Use of multi-line telephones and other office machines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bilingual skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Office Skills Certification Program or related field.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Administrative Assistant Certification program or related field.
- Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
- Clerical, reception, medical assisting, administrative or secretarial experience in a medical setting or healthcare insurance organization (1 year); or a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Working with insurance/billing in a healthcare setting/insurance organization.
- Experience in a multiple provider medical practice.
- Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
- Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Greets patients, interpreters and visitors, in person and by phone, in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner, responds to inquiries, takes messages, and provides accurate information regarding schedules and services.
2. Checks in, registers and schedules patients in the practice management system. Maintains appointment schedule and follows office scheduling policies.
3. Verifies and updates all demographic information in the electronic record at each patient visit.
4. Assists in managing patient flow in a timely and efficient manner. Coordinates distribution of walk-in and add-on patients appropriately. Interfaces with back office regarding walk-in patients, cancellations, recalls and delays to ensure smooth patient flow.
5. Assists with insurance eligibility verification.
6. Receives patient payments, answers or appropriately refers billing questions, and maintain appropriate records of all financial transactions. Prepares daily bank deposit, reconcile receipts (including cash, checks and bankcard transactions) assuring accuracy and timeliness of the deposit and ensuring security under cash management and accounting practices.
7. Orders interpreter and transportation services and interfaces with other outside organizations regarding patient services.
8. Opens and closes clinic and reception areas for all business hours.
9. Maintains work area and reception lobby in neat and orderly manner.
10. Maintains adequate inventory of office supplies and clinical forms.
11. Performs maintenance and troubleshoot operations of office equipment and machines, to include calculators, copiers, fax, printers, etc.
12. Assists with other departments when called upon.
13. Prepares and secures courier bag according to courier schedule
14. Receives and researches incoming medication refill requests and distributes consistent with current process.
15. Timely review and completion of tasks as assigned.
16. Adheres to organizational infection control practices and written plan.
17. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
Mission: To provide our diverse community with access to high quality, affordable primary health care and dental care.