Mortgage Specialist Assistant Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Québec - 199 views
Cultivates, builds, and manages relationships with a third-party network of referral sources to build a pipeline of new mortgage business and increase BMO’s share of the home financing market. Actively identifies sales opportunities and refers to BMO colleagues as appropriate. Develops and executes effective marketing and sales programs to drive business results. Adheres to audit, regulatory, and compliance policies and follows all standard processes/procedures.
- Completes pre- and post- sales activities that support business and market share growth.
- Understands customer needs to offer financial solutions that meet customer goals.
- Receives and fulfils approved home and/or investment financing applications to provide accurate and efficient credit and administrative support.
- Monitors home financing applications to advise Mortgage Specialist of any issues that might impede turnaround time and/or approval.
- Delivers exceptional customer service that builds trust through expertise, responsive service, and support.
- Organizes customer appreciation events, seminars, and conference calls.
- Provides customers with friendly, courteous, and professional service in response to queries and requests.
- Identifies client needs for banking products (e.g. everyday banking, lending, and investment) and refers to appropriate BMO partners.
- Stays abreast of consumer needs, industry trends, best practices, and the regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures for mortgage products and services.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Executes routine tasks (e.g. service requests, transactions, queries, etc.) within relevant service level agreements.
- Engages with third party realtors, lawyers, and related referral sources to create strong relationships that generate referrals for clients requiring real estate lending solutions.
- Sells real estate lending and insurance products and identifies and initiates cross-sell opportunities and referrals in the best interest of the customer.
- Verifies mortgage approvals for compliance with regulatory requirements and operational and credit policies.
- Participates in projects and other activities designed to improve the customer experience.
- Liaises between clients and various departments across the organization to discuss issues and procedures, and provides mortgage and insurance product support and expertise.
- Completes all necessary transactional documentation in compliance with security measures.
- Ensures adherence to all aspects of First Principles our code of Business Conduct and Ethics which deals with individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of client information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Acts in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements that include, but are not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Reporting requirements, FCAC consumer provision requirements, and Privacy Act provisions in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to fraud, robbery, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation.
- Protects the Bank’s assets by adhering to all everyday banking, business banking, investment and lending regulations (as appropriate), Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements and established risk guidelines.
- Understands risks and takes appropriate actions as they relate to personal banking, deposit and investment products, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity.
- Maintains the confidentiality of both customer and Bank information ensuring compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
- Completes standardized tasks under supervision.
- Performs initial problem solving within given rules/limits & escalates when required.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- No prior experience necessary; post-secondary degree or certification in related field of study is desirable.
- Working knowledge of personal lending and mortgage products and services.
- Working knowledge of credit policies and directives.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management and compliance.
- Sales and service skills – Basic
- Relationship Management skills – Basic.
- Problem Solving – Basic.
- Strategic influencing and negotiation – Basic.
- Basic knowledge learned on the job.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Basic (in business environment).
- Organization skills - Basic (in business environment).
- Collaboration & team skills - Basic (in business environment).
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .