Mortgage specialist Full-time Job2 weeks ago - Financial Services - Westmount - 131 views
Cultivate, grow and manage relationships with a network of referral sources to generate new mortgage sales opportunities and increase BMO's share of the home financing market. Actively identify business opportunities and recommend them to BMO colleagues as appropriate. Develop and execute effective marketing and sales programs to achieve desired results. Adhere to auditing, regulatory and compliance policies and follow all standard processes and procedures.
At BMO, we are decidedly different and we are proud of it. To achieve our goal of delivering Canada's fastest growing personal banking services, we need a team of passionate, entrepreneurial-focused and enthusiastic Mortgage Specialists (MPS) who are enthusiastic about grow their business with us. If you want to advance your career, now is the time to join our team. At BMO, we offer a range of new initiatives and exclusive external referral partnerships to help you get the most out of your skills. You will quickly get to know our organization and receive unparalleled support from your leaders to help you realize your full income potential. You will work with a dynamic team where your opinion counts and where your potential will always be recognized. Our model allows you to deliver the best of you today while developing the local sources of indication that will allow you to thrive tomorrow. The industry is changing and we would like to talk to you about how we deliver a distinctive value proposition every day.
At BMO, you'll be rewarded with a progressive, industry-leading pay-for-performance structure that includes competitive advantages and bonus opportunities. You will work with our Credit team to ensure clients are promptly informed of decisions and be part of a bank with a 'ready for business' mindset. Together, we can have the guts to make a difference in life and in business.
- Actively seek out sales opportunities to meet sales and profitability goals.
- Proactively communicate with real estate brokers and sources of referrals identified as part of building partnerships nationwide or create partnerships locally to lead client and real estate brokerage interviews and sell real estate financing products and related insurance products that meet the Bank's objectives in terms of mortgage loan growth and profitability.
- Assist in the implementation of targeted marketing programs, promotions and other initiatives.
- Look for opportunities to expand your network by getting indications of existing relationships.
- Establish and enhance the Bank's presence in the community by participating in trade shows, conventions and other related activities.
- Act in the best interests of the client in connection with request and processing activities.
- Take care of marketing, event coordination and general administrative support in order to maintain positive and ongoing contact with its extended referral network.
- Provide exceptional customer service that creates a bond of trust through expertise as well as service and support tailored to needs.
- Organize customer appreciation events, seminars and conference calls.
- Guide clients through mortgage application and processing activities.
- Establish a partnership with the branch teams to carry out an adequate transfer of clients in order to finalize the mortgage deeds.
- Resolve or escalate issues so that client expectations are met and ensure funds are disbursed on a timely basis.
- Identify customer needs for banking products (eg, everyday banking services, loans and investments) and communicate them to the appropriate BMO partners.
- Develop solutions and make recommendations based on an understanding of business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Advise and guide the business sector or the designated operating group in relation to the implementation of the solutions.
- Support the implementation of strategic initiatives, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the establishment of business priorities and the order of execution of the strategy of the business sector or operating group.
- Perform independent analysis and assessments to resolve strategic issues.
- Liaise with various BMO teams and clients to ensure home financing application is processed and finalized satisfactorily.
- Document updates in BMO's internal systems to ensure all employees have access to information regarding current opportunities, transactions and issues.
- Analyze data and information to provide ideas and recommendations.
- Collect data and format it to produce regular and ad hoc reports and tables.
- Provide feedback on the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Work with real estate brokers, notaries, lawyers and other external referral sources to build strong relationships that produce referrals from clients in need of mortgage solutions.
- Sell insurance and real estate finance products, identify cross-sell opportunities and referrals, and act on them in the best interests of the client.
- Verify that mortgage loan approvals meet regulatory requirements, operational policies and credit policies.
- Participate in projects and other activities designed to improve the customer experience.
- Liaise between clients and various departments across the organization to discuss issues and procedures, and provide mortgage and insurance product support and expertise.
- Complete all necessary transaction documents in accordance with security measures.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects described in the document Fundamental Principles - Our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which relate to individual responsibility for risks of conflict of interest, protection of client information, securities trading, anti-money laundering, confidentiality and communication of information on external business activities.
- Act in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements, including anti-money laundering and terrorist financing reporting requirements, FCAC consumer protection requirements and the provisions of the Act on the protection of personal information , in accordance with the Bank's policies and procedures.
- Follow security and protection procedures and exercise due diligence, in accordance with the Bank's policy on preventing losses from fraud, theft, counterfeiting, money laundering and embezzlement of funds.
- Protect the assets of the Bank and maintain the quality of the portfolio by complying with all regulations, standards and methods applicable to investments and granting of credit (if applicable), as well as legal and ethical requirements related to the processes and established risk guidelines.
- Understand the risks and take appropriate action with respect to retail banking, deposit and investment products, including all documentation and other requirements to ensure transaction integrity.
- Protect the confidentiality of client and Bank information, in accordance with Bank standards and procedures.
- Possibly focus on one industry or operating group.
- Think creatively and come up with new solutions.
- Use good judgment to spot problems, determine causes and resolve them within established limits.
- Usually work independently.
- Wider tasks and responsibilities can be assigned as needed.
- Typically three to five years of relevant work experience with a post-secondary diploma in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of portfolio management, as well as related credit qualification standards, policies and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of the mortgage loan granting process and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, sales, customer service and negotiation skills.
- Expert knowledge of self-management and teamwork, personal loans and business relationship management.
- Functional knowledge of personal banking, investments, trust services, small business and business loans, and cash management.
- Very good knowledge of the real estate sector and the mortgage market.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Specialized knowledge acquired through education or work experience.
- Oral and written communication skills - in-depth skills.
- Skills for collaboration and teamwork - in-depth skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills - in-depth skills.
- Ability to influence - in-depth skills.
Here for you.
At BMO, we have a common goal: we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. Helping people is the foundation of our existence. For 200 years, we have been thinking about the future: that of our customers, our communities and our employees. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to do the best for them every day. Together, we are changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team, you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more resources to grow and achieve results. We're dedicated to helping you get results from day one - for you and our clients. We'll give you the tools and resources you need to take new steps to the next level, as you help our clients reach theirs. Through in-depth training and coaching as well as management support and networking opportunities, we will help you gain valuable experience and expand your skill set.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .