NBMBAA - Associate - Corporate Ratings Full-time Job7 months ago - Public Service - New York City - 596 views
- Perform rigorous analytical work, research, fundamental credit analysis, analysis of financial statements, building of financial models and forecasts, and writing of analytical reports on rated corporate entities
- Maintain direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of rated corporate issuers with the guidance of a Senior Analyst
- Ongoing surveillance and rating recommendations
- Repeat analytical contact with rated entities’ senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies
What We’re Looking For:
- MBA, MPA, JD, CFA or other advanced degree in related field
- 3+ years of experience within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, or an audit company working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations or equivalent military experience
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts
- Proficiency with figures and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with deadlines
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills
- Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution.
- Solid, demonstrable credit analysis experience
- Superb, in-depth understanding of financial statement analysis
S&P Global Ratings is an American credit rating agency and a division of S&P Global that publishes financial research and analysis on stocks, bonds, and commodities. S&P is considered the largest of the Big Three credit-rating agencies, which also include Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings.