Office Assistant/Receptionist - Full Time Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - Amityville - 129 views
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with answering all calls, in a pleasant, professional manner, and transferring to the appropriate party or take a complete message.
- No messages taken for clients, except for emergency calls.
- Provide accurate information regarding all anonymous meetings, hot-line numbers and directions to facility.
- Greeting new admissions, client families and visitors, monitor sign-in/out log.
- Enforce confidentiality rule.
- Prepare outpatient mail for Seafield drivers. Distribute in-coming mail.
- Miscellaneous typing tasks.
- Sign-in/out personal body alarms.
- Total daily deposits at the end of each work day. Generate and update Self-Pay/Co-Pay Ledgers on a daily basis to ensure client balances are up-to-date.
- Collect payments and review balances with clients.
- Run Medicaid Binder on a weekly basis; the first and last day of each month and generate a report for the Office Manager of the Medicaid Pending patient's and problem accounts.
- Assist Office Manager with creating schedules, updating groups and adding new staff schedules and discharging clients in computer.
- Input, update and track OASAS admission/discharge forms on a monthly basis.
- Print group sheets on a daily basis.
- Check and compare group and individual sheets to reports from EMR system to ensure accurate billing.
- Scan daily statistics to Fiscal.
- Review and make facility deposit to bank daily.
- Review and enter Assignment Slips to maintain group sheets.
- Review and organize appointments in Scheduling Calendar within the EMR system.
- Complete telephone intakes and schedule appointments.
- Request or complete Insurance Verifications.
- Track urine drug screens on a daily basis by logging them in the appropriate manual.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Answering/Transferring of calls
- Taking Messages
- Knowledge of Voice Mail
- Enforcing Confidentiality Law
- Admission/Discharge Procedures
- Computer Software Skills
- Prioritizing Workload
- Level of Independence
- Ability to use EMR System and Microsoft Outlook
- EMR Documentation
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicant must have a pleasant and congenial telephone manner and have a well groomed professional appearance. The individual being considered must have at least two-years experience in a similar capacity, which would demonstrate the applicant's awareness of office procedures. The applicant must communicate well with the clients, staff and outside agencies. Typing 40 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those functions that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must have the ability to use a computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, copier, fax machine, scanner and telephone.