Payment Operations Specialist Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 48 views
We're looking for a Payment Operations Specialist to join our team in London. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time. You will ideally have specialist knowledge of Faster Payments and the Credit Payment Recoveries process, but we'd love to hear from payments generalists too!
Your responsibilities will include:
• Being responsible for payment schemes, including manual processing of Faster Payments, BACs and CASS (Current Account Switch Service).
• Promptly dealing with queries and investigations while keeping operational risks to a minimum.
• Showing ownership and accountability for offering solutions that help and benefit our customers.
• Actively seeking to improve processes and workflows.
• Supporting incident management.
• Tracing Faster Payments.
• Providing SME payment support to Contact Centre and Payment Operations.
• Working closely with Reconciliations team to resolve outstanding breaks.
• Maintaining existing and create new procedural documentation.
• Supporting the team and dealing with ad-hoc tasks that may arise.
• Strong experience within a payment processing role.
• Previous experience in a back-office operations environment.
• Strong knowledge of Faster Payments - including different Faster Payment types and payment formatting.
• Detailed working knowledge of any of the following Payments schemes – CASS/BACS/Faster Payments.
• Knowledge of payments guidelines, scheme rules and regulatory framework.
• Ability to balance workload, dealing with multiple priorities and ability to work within a team in a changing environment.
• Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
• 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
• Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
• Contributory pension scheme
• We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
• Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
• Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
• Gym membership options.