Personal Banking Coordinator Full-time Job4 months ago - Public Service - Toronto - 1K views
- Creates a positive member/client experience at every interaction and looks for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall member/client experience
- Delivers the ultimate member/client experience through service which is efficient, professional and respectful at all times, while seeking ways to minimize factors that may negatively impact the member/client experience.
- Ensures that member/client needs are met, performs basic transactions and solves account problems within their scope of authority and seeks advice when necessary
- Uses probing skills to determine unmet member/client needs, discusses suitable products and services
- Refers member/client to the most appropriate associate who is able to service their needs
- Books appointments, and performs courtesy calls
- Ensures members/clients are comfortable and that information regarding Alterna offerings is readily available for them to review while waiting for service
- Maintains a high level of knowledge with respect to Alterna products, services and marketing programs/strategies
- Actively participates in all sales disciplines (i.e., high five goals, side-by-side coaching, quarterly sales cycle training) and participates in branch campaign initiatives
- Utilizes quarterly learning to adapt strategies and increase results
- Ensures ongoing compliance and adherence to operational policies, procedures, objectives and Code of Business Conduct
- Assists with the ongoing maintenance of the physical selling environment, including branch merchandising, point of sale material (materials, brochures, office supplies, etc.)
- Replaces the Member Services Representatives during peak times
- Responds to member/client needs by delivery of friendly, efficient service and accurately processing various financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cheque cashing/ordering, bill payments, money orders, transfers or foreign currency exchange.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- Post secondary education combined with 2 years related experience in a similar role in a financial institution
- Or a high school diploma coupled with a minimum of 3 years experience in a member service related position at Alterna Savings or at another financial institution
- Good investment and credit knowledge an asse
- Excellent communication skills that enable effective interaction with coworkers and members/clients.
Alterna Savings & Credit Union Ltd. is a Canadian credit union, formed in 2005 by the merger of CS CO-OP and Metro Credit Union, which provides full daily banking services, loans and mortgages, investment services and business banking. At the close of 2011 Alterna Savings had CN$2.3 billion in assets and approximately 103,000 members. It had 24 branches in Ottawa, Kingston, North Bay, Pembroke and Toronto.