Personal Lines Underwriter Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Calgary - 74 views
We’re looking for a Personal Lines Underwriter to join our growing team!
As an Underwriter in our Personal Lines department, your work will have a big impact on the success of our business. You will be responsible for underwriting insurance risks and making decisions everyday that contribute to profitable growth. You will be customer-focused in everything you do, educating the broker and looking for ways to grow a profitable book of business while enhancing the customer experience.
These positions are located in our Calgary and Edmonton offices.
You succeed at what you do because you:
- are a natural at building relationships
- are confident in negotiating and speaking with brokers
- have a sales-focus and excel in providing outstanding customer service
- are a solutions seeker known for your problem solving skills
- collaborate and make sound decisions
- are goal-oriented and results-driven
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Help shape the future of Personal Lines
- Expand your underwriting knowledge, make decisions and provide recommendations to brokers
- Develop your analytical skills in reviewing insurance risks and claims
- Invest in your professional growth and career development
- Participate in broker visits, insurance industry functions and marketing events
- Minimum of 1 year of Underwriting or Underwriting support experience
- Exemplary sales, negotiation, and customer service skills with an emphasis on providing creative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills because you understand the need to tailor your approach when dealing with different work styles
- Self-driven and able to work effectively under pressure
- Adapt to changes in the workplace positively
- Working towards Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) courses is an asset
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As Canadas largest provider of property and casualty insurance, were not only leading our industry, but were redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, were committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.