Principal Mechanical Engineer Full-time Job3 months ago - Engineering - London - 190 views
About Our Client
This new role is on offer with a well-known, international company who have recently grown quickly through acquisition and new project wins in Europe. As they look to further their presence in this market, London will be a key strategic location for them where they are now recruiting a new team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation in transition and play a key role in developing the design standards and strategy for the business as well as helping to support their wider growth through design management . In many ways, this role could feel like a start-up position but has the security and backing of an international organisation.
As the Principal Mechanical Engineer you will report to the Design Lead for the EMEA region and be based in London. Initially the role will be based remotely, but in time you will work from the central London office and travel to sites as required. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Support the development and improvement of design standards;
- Oversee the design for one key construction project already secured;
- Lead on all value engineering exercises to meet customer's needs;
- Introduce creative solutions, new technologies, and new standards to enhance the performance of the data centres.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this Principal Mechanical Engineer role you will:
- Be a qualified mechanical engineer with a strong academic profile (e.g. university degree) and ideally recognised industry accreditation;
- Demonstrate a background working on data centre design either in consultancy or a client-side position;
- Possess a track record of implementing creative design solutions and leading on value engineering solutions to improve project profitability;
- Show a high level of familiarity with mission critical systems;
- Be familiar with large scale project size (e.g. phase value £60m+) and hyper-scale data centres (e.g. 10+MW IT load capacity).
What's on Offer
This is a unique opportunity to add value in real time both to projects and the business as they open a new design office. The package on offer to the successful candidate will be:
- £70,000-£90,000 base salary (dependent on experience)
- Up to 10% bonus;
- Healthcare, Life Insurance, Pension Contribution, and other flexible benefits.