Private Banking Officer Full-time Job9 months ago - Financial Services - Québec - 500 views
Supports the delivery of the customer experience for private banking clients. Provides high quality customer service to all existing and potential clients displaying a comprehensive knowledge of products. Recognizes the appropriate time to proactively identify and discuss clients’ needs and works collaboratively with the branch and regional teams to identify and make referrals. Ensures compliance and operational effectiveness. Makes credit decisions/recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policy & Procedures.
- Assists in preparing new business proposals or presentations to clients/prospects.
- Identifies customer needs and matches with appropriate products or services using relationship selling techniques, including making referrals to other BMO employees.
- Identifies and recommends workflow process alternatives that can lead to improved efficiency and service levels.
- Determines client needs and ensures timely and accurate completion of transaction processing.
- Takes ownership of client inquiries/ concerns/ complaints, ensuring timely resolution and referring as appropriate.
- Maintains detailed knowledge and understanding of integrated private banking services and offerings as well as a detailed understanding of the strategic direction of the business.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Provides timely, accurate service and support to Private Bankers by completing a wide variety of credit, non-credit, and related activities.
- Adheres to all banking, investment and lending regulations, Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, bank guidelines and established risk guidelines.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and applies appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy.
- Participates in audits and compliance reviews as assigned.
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the standards established within the credit qualification process, policies, and procedures.
- RISR qualified (Minimum IFIC completed; CSC preferred).
- Working knowledge of personal (primarily) and commercial credit and non-credit products, monitoring/operational processes and applications.
- Understanding of the Lending Process and supporting policies.
- Understanding of loan and security documentation, including registration and renewal routine.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking services.
- Knowledge of mutual fund/investment products.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skillls - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .