Product Engineer Athleisure Full-time Job3 months ago - Engineering - London - 46 views
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The purpose of the Product Engineer Athleisure role is to support the end to end quality of fit and construction for a specific product category.
- Technical and manufacturing expertise in Athleisure products
- Print techniques on materials used in Athleisure to meet brand standards
- Understanding of different construction and warp knit seamless products
- Performance and durability test standards for active wear
- Use of 3D and Virtual sample creation, development and fit
- PLM admin management and data input - fit comments and size charts
- Assess garment construction and product risk
- Identify oppportunities for cost engineering improvement
- Manage end to end coordination of seasonal fit meetings to business critcal path
- Responsible for the fitting evaulation and amendments comunication to vendors
- Identification of and management of garment testing process with external test houses
- Management of blocks and constructional quality standards
- Product technical specification management
- Conformance to standards and safety regulations
- Creation and management of product standards and manuals
- Experience of working in seamless and active wear product category
- Experience within active wear, swim and athleisure products related industry
- Knowledge of apparel construction and fit for warp and weft knits
- Pattern knowledge and grading
- Testing experience would be an advantage
- PLM/PDM experience would be an advantage + MS Office skills.