Project Engineer Full-time Job6 months ago - Engineering - London - 81 views
Project Engineer – RC Frames
Scope: Self Delivery of mixed-use development
Laing O'Rourke has a requirement for a Project Engineer that is experienced with large reinforced concrete projects. It will be joining our specialist division working on some incredible structures.
You will project manage your own work packages and a team of engineers using a self-delivery model (In house staff not sub-contractors).
The work is to deliver major engineering works particularly around reinforced concrete and structures, where you will be working on some of the biggest concrete pours in the UK.
Some of these responsibilities include:
- Working to UK engineering standards and assurance
- Temporary works coordination – Formwork, propping, falsework, lifting equipment.
- Reinforced concrete (RC), structures and frames packages of work
- Responsible for the project management of the packages
- Construction methodology
- Analysing models for buildability and suggesting improvements or alternatives
- Lookaheads and feasibility of design
- Helping the engineering team to understand what is required for delivery, directly communicating to them and helping to control onsite activities
- Looking after a team of engineering professionals with line management responsibility of up to 10
- Interfacing with the Construction Managers, Senior Project Manager and Principal Engineers
- Opportunity to work with the digital engineering team and trial digital methods
We are looking for engineers that are interested in self-delivery projects. The sections of work involve a lot of reinforced concrete and frames package. You will be working closely with the engineering teams and our digital engineering teams who often model the construction before delivering on site.
Don't match all the criteria? We are always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O'Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O'Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.