Receptionist (PT -1845) Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - York - 120 views
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Knowledge and understanding of medical and billing procedures.
- Must possess proficient computer skills.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and prioritize tasks in a high volume practice.
- Must understand the procedures associated with managed care plans.
- Must have professional and effective communication and customer service skills, and be able to deal with many different personalities.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team and be willing to assist other team members as needed.
- Level I: One year of experience in the medical field preferred.
- Level II: Three years of experience in the medical field required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients/visitors in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Registers patients for his/her scheduled visit with the provider. Verifies patient demographic information and updates computer system as needed.
- Scans patient identification and patient insurance card/cards and verifies benefits and eligibility information.
- Verifies managed care referrals are on file when necessary per insurance requirements.
- Collects copays and outstanding balances from patients.
- Answers telephones promptly, identifies self and directs calls as appropriate.
- Provides coverage for other receptionists/greeters during absences.
- Travels to other offices when there is an organizational need to provide coverage for the physician schedules.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude towards patients, co-workers and physicians.
- Keeps work area orderly and neat.
- Demonstrates flexibility in performing additional responsibilities that contribute to the improvement of patient care and the well being of the Practice.
- Handles difficult situations tactfully.
- Issues work and/or gym notes.
- Schedules appointments.
- Reconciles daily payments.
- Level II: Trains and mentors newly hired Receptionists.
- Participates in monthly staff meetings, attending even when held outside of normal scheduled working hours.
- Shows flexibility in scheduling as required by the department, including flexibility in work location and on-call assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
No direct reports.
Must be proficient in the English language, both verbally and written, in order to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, physicians, vendors, and the general public.