Retail Sales Assistant - Sanderstead Full-time Job2 months ago - Customer Services - Croydon - 345 views
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
What are we looking for in a Retail Sales Assistant?
In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who:
Attributes of a Retail Sales Assistant:
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell
- Know how to have fun and be happy to taste wine you have never come across before
- Have a passion about engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with their time so you can spend more time with our customers finding wines they’ll love
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
- Wants to constantly improve your wine knowledge so you can share this with our customers (don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know)
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
Skills / Experience of a Retail Sales Assistant:
- Be over the age of 20 and have held a full UK driving license for at least 12 months
- 1 year or more prior experience in retail sales (Desirable, not essential)
- Strong communication skills
- Sound computer skills to be able to use our retail EPOS system
- Ability to regularly lift cases of wine weighing up to 18kg when merchandising in store or carrying customer purchases to their cars
Why work for Majestic?
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, being able to develop and grow your career.
- Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
- First Rate Training / Development - “Wine Lover to Business Partner” gives you an opportunity to receive training that will take you from a Sales Assistant to Management
- A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
The nice added extras
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends.
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business.
- Access to our bonus schemes for hitting your team’s targets
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
- WSET Training qualification
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays - this will be pro rata’d if you work part time
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- Requirements: Friday 11am-3pm & Saturday 11am-4pm
- Hours: 9hrs per week (with potential for an extra 5hrs per week in the future)
There are many things that stand Majestic apart from other retailers. Our extensive range of quality wine and approach to selling it by the mixed case. Wine tasting available everyday, the expertise of our teams and our strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we re so proud of. As a Trainee Manager on our team, youll learn all about wine and work towards The Wine & Spirit Education Trusts (WSET) Level 3 Award which is an industry recognised qualification. Youll also get involved in every single aspect of store management so youll find yourself immersed in this fast-paced and physically challenging environment from day one.