Section Engineer Full-time Job3 months ago - Engineering - London - 65 views
As the GRAHAM business continues to grow and develop, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Section Engineer to provide engineering support to the Site Management team.
- Undertake Surveying and setting out duties.
- Check drawings and quantities.
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise with any consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Arrange testing of materials.
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
- Keep a Site Diary.
- Fully interact with other members of the construction site team (team player).
- Liaise with other function/departmental managers.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Section Engineer and the range of duties to be undertaken.