Senior Manager Payroll Delivery Europe Full-time Job2 months ago - Customer Services - Derby - 214 views
The Senior Manager Payroll Delivery is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery (based on service level agreements) of payroll and reporting to both the business and external authorities for the region.
This role requires the holder to manage a team of Senior Payroll Professionals and to actively work with other HR functions and stakeholders to ensure delivery of a legally compliant payroll in accordance with country, local and business laws and policies; it will actively encourage continous improvement and develop the Lean culture within the European Payroll team. The role ensures the governance of the agreed global tools, procedures and processes (e.g. metrics, KPI analysis, payroll vendor R&Rs, global processes). This requires focus on team development towards functional professionalism as well as on structured problem solving, process analysis and integration.
- Ensure utilisation of synergy’s and standardisation by process alignment and increasing resource capability across countries
- Management of multi-country payroll operations
- Ensure best practices are identified and implemented across countries
- Responsible for the management of the 3rd party payroll provider contract, in terms of ensuring service level agreements are met for the region
- Solves operational issues through the development of solutions to potentially complex problems focussing on new techniques, processes and workflows which may influence future policy formation
2. Customer Service
- Develop an effective working relationship with client group and related departments across the business to enhance the overall customer experience
- Maintain relationships with business stakeholders in payroll processes to ensure alignment in delivering to the business
- Actively encourage a continuous improvement mindset within the payroll area.
- Thorough knowledge of the payroll services market and networking, identify best practices to improve performance, improve employee experience and reduce costs
- Demonstrates strong communication and diplomacy skills to guide, influence and convince others
- Continually develop payroll teams by exchanging country specific knowledge, develop comprehensive team capabilities, sharing responsibility and enable cross-country
- Actively develop Lean culture and competencies within the teams and manage continuous improvement
- Manage a team of payroll professionals in a multi-country environment
- Set employee objectives, conduct performance reviews
- Facilitate employee development through coaching and thought leadership
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with other HR Partners
- Ensure budget is maintained for responsible countries
- Responsible for compliance, both internal and external, across countries for which responsibility is held
- 1st Degree or equivalent essential. Post Graduate or further Degree in Business / relevant functional area, desirable. Payroll specific qualifications desirable.
- Extensive domain relevant experience.
- Experience in managing KPIs to measure the success of payroll services provided to customer expectations.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving customer experience and managing costs
- Experience of Global Transfer Management approaches and their impact in multi payroll / taxation environments.
- Demonstrable experience in strong communication at all levels inside a company and from external providers and national authorities.
- Demonstrable experience of managing 3rd party providers and improving service supplied
- Demonstrable experience in both internal and external compliance management
- Knowledge of and experience in successful process integration across all workstreams
- Demonstrable achievement in implementing new systems/procedures/processes
- Experience in operating with a high level of ambiguity and in an environment undergoing significant change
- A strong continuous improvement mind-set.
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationship
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Were a global transportation company with 79 production and engineering sites in 27 countries, and a worldwide network of service centers.