Senior Manager Research and Development Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 40 views
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our team as Senior Manager Research and Development , working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
• Working as part of a team, the role holder will, using advanced analytical skills, develop the HSBC Group’s new financial intelligence platform, through which it intends to pro-actively search and define financial crime risks not detected by the Group’s current suite of financial crime systems.
• Working at the leading edge of analytics, the role requires the job holder to apply the best possible combination of applied mathematics, statistics, advanced computing (machine learning, artificial intelligence), visualisation and data engineering to the area of combatting financial crime. Those of the above skills which the role holder or team does not currently bring to the role, will need to be developed.
• The role holder will bring the ability to work with extremely large, complex data sets. The ability to merge large data sets, to generate insight from those data sets and to be able to visualise and communicate those insights for both technical and non-technical audiences and users.
• Be a leader who can role model the correct behaviours for helping the integration of the Research Analytics teams into a single cohesive organisation. Champion the correct behaviours, demonstrate a willingness to be pragmatic and listen and learn about new areas, approaches and ways of working to achieve a single collective goal.
• The role holder must be able and willing to use advanced computing assets in order to achieve real practicable results.
The candidate must be able to handle areas of uncertainty. The role holder must have a demonstrable interest and capability in computer sciences and new technology.
In this role, you will:
• Key technical resource in the evolution of the Group’s financial crime intelligence capability and the management of financial crime risk
• Ability to work with key stakeholders in determining FCTM analytical requirements.
• The ability to communicate often complex analytical solutions to the wider department, ensuring a strong transfer of key findings & intelligence.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• A combination of applied mathematics, statistics, advanced computing (machine learning, artificial intelligence), visualisation, data engineering. Specific domain expertise in the area of combatting financial crime and/or a strong R&D background an advantage.
• Experience working within the Hadoop ecosystem in addition to strong technical skills in analytical languages such as Python, R, SQL, SAS. Specific knowledge of Spark and/or graph theory an advantage.
• Top level academic results including a relevant degree education at BSc or MSc
• High quality further education, preferably a science background/PhD
• Demonstrable, inquisitive nature with the ability to pursue lines of inquiry independently
• Can communicate/present fluently to audiences at differing ability levels on fields outside of their own technical domain
• Demonstrable interest in the Financial Crime subject area and context
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.