Senior Manager, Trust Full-time Job6 months ago - Financial Services - Montréal - 180 views
As a Senior Trust Manager working in a Scotia Wealth Management office, you are a trusted and experienced relationship manager responsible for supporting the company's strategy and revenue goals by cost-effectively delivering a customer experience of premium quality and presenting the full suite of high quality Scotiatrust solutions to high net worth clients of Scotia Wealth Management, in accordance with your clients' needs and expectations and in accordance with policies and procedures. You are also directly involved in identifying and seeking new business opportunities, both inside and outside of Scotia Wealth Management.
You are client-centered and entrepreneurial, you have a keen sense of proactivity and you know how to build and maintain strong relationships with clients as well as with internal and external partners. You are a highly qualified professional, with a proven track record and expertise in estate and trust administration as well as wealth management to varying degrees of complexity. As part of your duties, you may be required to act as director / manager of private companies.
Your intimate understanding of clients' goals, needs and circumstances will allow you to engage the appropriate Scotiabank and Scotia Wealth Management experts as needed to deliver comprehensive wealth management strategies.
1. Relationship management and customer service
- Act as Senior Director of Client Relations, i.e. as a single point of contact for all client needs.
- To provide high net worth clients and beneficiaries a first-rate, proactive and personalized experience, which is based on accurate and timely account administration coupled with demonstrated technical expertise, personal integrity and an ability to respond to client needs and concerns, which 'they are expressed or not.
- Establish and maintain effective internal and external partnerships to provide transparent and efficient solutions in various disciplines of financial services.
- Take responsibility for revenue collection and contribute to the profitability of the branch by accurately forecasting and overseeing fee collection on scheduled dates, and making recommendations in situations where a non-standard fee schedule may be indicated.
2. Business development
- Work closely with Consultants, Estate and Trust Services, Scotia Wealth Management partners and their clients for the implementation and ongoing management of new wealth transfer solutions.
3. Risk management
- Limit corporate risk exposure by ensuring that account administration is done proactively and in accordance with defined auditing policies / procedures and standards, including promptly reporting issues to internal control groups appropriate, if applicable.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legislative, administrative and economic matters affecting account management and demonstrate an ability to discuss a wide range of legal and financial matters with clients and their advisors, demonstrating competence particular in matters of estates, trusts, wills and investment and tax matters.
Skills, experience and functional skills
1. Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to proactively deliver a superior customer experience at all times.
2. Ability to effectively build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities without losing sight of key responsibilities.
4. Professionalism and strong interpersonal, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
5. Thorough understanding of the wealth management industry and demonstrated ability to work in an environment where tact, objectivity and sensitivity are essential qualities.
6. Strong change management skills and the ability to absorb changes that affect technology and the communications platform to help, for example, improve the workflow and sales management process.
7. Demonstrated ability to meet financial objectives and profitability criteria.
Training and other requirements
1. Professional title and / or industry accreditation, in addition to a university degree.
2. Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience directly related to the position.
3. Demonstrated effectiveness in managing relationships with high net worth clients.
4. Membership of the STEP and / or CSI or commitment to participate in their activities.