Senior Mechanical Engineer Full-time Job6 months ago - Engineering - London - 78 views
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Staff – London
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing engineering business during a period of continued growth as they support the Renewable Energy and Hydrocarbon sectors.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the supervision and guidance of the day to day activities for delivery of Mechanical Engineering scope.
- This scope will cover engineering deliverables, planning and scheduling of personnel’s workload.
- This role will involve interfacing with other disciplines and client personnel.
- Supporting the vendor management and selection process during the conceptual and FEED stage.
- Checking the quality of subcontractor design work to ensure compliance with agreed client design specifications.
- Ensure the competence of Mechanical team personnel, and the quality of Mechanical engineering deliverables.
- Participate in relevant meetings, such as HAZID, Design Reviews, Model Reviews.
- Participate in cost and schedule estimates; monitor and report progress using ascribed system.
- Drive innovative solutions to reduce cost and schedule.
- Undertake short and long-term business travel in support of studies, projects and consultancy.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Must be Degree qualified.
- Chartered status highly advantageous though not essential.
- Experience in Oil & Gas projects during either conceptual engineering, FEED or detailed design.
- Experience in other major energy such as Energy from Waste or similar will also be highly advantageous.
- Previous site experience in conjunction with a design background beneficial.
- Planning and organising, communication, team working and problem solving.
- Experience of proprietary industry software.