Senior Piping Engineer Full-time Job3 months ago - Engineering - London - 52 views
Senior Piping Engineer – Staff – London
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing engineering business during a period of continued growth as they support the Renewable Energy and Hydrocarbon sectors.
Role & Responsibilities
- Piping and process equipment design and layout, primarily for the oil and gas sector, but experience in other sectors useful.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team with engineers and designers, in the production of design deliverables for projects within the oil & gas and energy sectors.
- Develop piping and layout design in PDMS and Perform design reviews.
- Consideration of access requirements for maintenance and operability.
- Checking the quality of subcontractor design work to ensure compliance with agreed client design specifications.
- Production of piping models in Plant 3D.
- Understanding of process requirements, ability to interpret process P&ID’s
- Understanding of piping specifications and ability to translate into piping isometrics
- Design of piping supports.
- Checking of piping design documents, including checking isometrics against 3D plant models.
- Will be required to provide input into HAZOP / HAZIDs.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Client preference is for the candidate to be degree qualified though they will consider a HNC / HND with relevant industry experience.
- Chartered status highly advantageous though not essential.
- Experience in Oil & Gas projects during either conceptual engineering, FEED or detailed design.
- Proficient with PDMS.
- Experience in other major energy such as Energy from Waste or similar will also be highly advantageous.
- Previous site experience in conjunction with a design background beneficial.
In return the successful candidate can expect a market leading salary and benefits package coupled with excellent career progression opportunities as the company continues to grow.