Specialist, Software Developer Full-time Job3 months ago - Customer Services - Vancouver - 160 views
• Reporting to the Senior Manager, Seamless Planning and Competitive Analytics, we are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Software Developer to support use-case development in our Competitive Analytics squad.
• Work with an agile team to develop dashboards and alerts, perform analysis, create studies and build presentations
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
• Familiar with modern infrastructure tools and pipelines such as GitLab CI/CD, Docker Swarm etc
• Comfortable in SQL and NoSQL environments
• Ability to design algorithms and databases, debug and optimize code, automate routine tasks
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive (A good sense of humour is a bonus!).
• Strong team player, with ability to get things done on a tight timeline
• Thirst to expand telecom domain-specific knowledge
• Flexible work schedule, with willingness to put time in for hot topics on a deadline
• Ability to work in the ambiguous, unknown fog that regularly surrounds data exploration
• Excellent IT skills, with the ability to excel in a remote, work-from-home environment
• Organized, self-managed
• Familiarity with geospatial data manipulation (Geopandas, Shapely, Alteryx, MapInfo, Mentum Planet, QGIS and more)
• Familiar with Analytical tools like Microstrategy and Tableau among others
• Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie)
• Experience with data visualization, exploration, mining, and forecasting
• Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.