Tailor - Wyndham Dubai Deira Full-time Job2 months ago - Public Service - Dubai - 2K views
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Checks daily Forecast
- Checks swing Machine / clean it and own area
- Checks the log Book for alteration request.
- Attends morning briefings and receive instructions of the day from Housekeeping Supervisor and Laundry Supervisor.
- Checks all the staff uniform if any damaged or button to be change
- Performs timely repairs on all items of uniform, linen and upholstery.
- Measures, makes or alters uniforms for new employees
- Tailors new uniforms, items of linen and upholstery.
- Ensures that all linen and uniforms are repaired before issue to user departments.
- Takes care of basic alterations requested by guests.
- Assumes responsibilities of linen/ uniform room on the quality of tailoring supplies to be bought.
- Is responsible for maintenance and upkeep of sewing equipment and all areas under his/ her control.
- Keeps a detailed record of the daily work.
- Converts discarded linen into usable items for re-circulation.
- Organizes and takes inventory of all fabric materials.
- Organizes and cleans the work area.
- Updates Log book for next shift
- Guests room’s curtain are re-stitch /removes and fixes it back whenever required.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts makes travel possible for all. From big cities and small towns to beachfront resorts and highway hotels, our 20 iconic brands bring a diverse perspective to the travel experience. With friendly service, thoughtful amenities, and a range of options for the everyday traveler, Wyndham will be there to welcome you wherever you go.