Tailor - Wyndham Dubai Deira Full-time Job9 months ago - Customer Services - Dubai - 542 views
- Checks daily Forecast
- Checks swing Machine / clean it and own area
- Checks the log Book for alteration request.
- Attends morning briefings and receive instructions of the day from Housekeeping Supervisor and Laundry Supervisor.
- Checks all the staff uniform if any damaged or button to be change
- Performs timely repairs on all items of uniform, linen and upholstery.
- Measures, makes or alters uniforms for new employees
- Tailors new uniforms, items of linen and upholstery.
- Ensures that all linen and uniforms are repaired before issue to user departments.
- Takes care of basic alterations requested by guests.
- Assumes responsibilities of linen/ uniform room on the quality of tailoring supplies to be bought.
- Is responsible for maintenance and upkeep of sewing equipment and all areas under his/ her control.
- Keeps a detailed record of the daily work.
- Converts discarded linen into usable items for re-circulation.
- Organizes and takes inventory of all fabric materials.
- Organizes and cleans the work area.
- Updates Log book for next shift
- Guests room’s curtain are re-stitch /removes and fixes it back whenever required.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times as per the grooming standards.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with staff in the Place of Work and all other departments.
- To attend and contribute to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel trainings scheduled and other related activities.
- To fully support the Departmental Training Function in the Department assigned.
- To respond to any changes in the Housekeeping Department function as dictated by the hotel.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self control.
- To provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- Assists in conducting physical inventory of Linen, and upholstery materials as scheduled.
- Assists Executive Housekeeper in special tasks such as upholstery material purchase, any minor decorative items to be stitched
- Carries out all the duties in compliance with hotel policies and procedures.
- Any unusual activities to be reported to security in consultation with the departmental superior.
- Assist the Hotel Emergency Action Team (HEAT) in responding to emergencies; involvement is guided and/or limited per the |Hotel’s Emergency Procedures.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and Skills in altering and all kind of sewing works
- Basic written and spoken English communication
- Knowledge in operation of uniform and Linen room.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Careers and Employment