Team Leader Front Office-Downtown Chattanooga Full-time Job7 months ago - Customer Services - Chattanooga - 86 views
The Team Leader-Front Office ad provides total medical office support including check-in, check-out and medical records functions. Provides support to the Manager, Clinic Operations and serves as the front office lead for clinic. In absence of the Manager, Clinic Operations this position has oversight of front office operations.
- Follows policy and procedures outlined by management to ensure standardization of processes across the clinics
- Assists in new hire training process
- Provides feedback to management regarding possible areas of improvement or concern
- Ensures up-to-date documentation on patient’s accounts in Electronic Medical Record and Patient Management
- Maintains accurate log of denials
- Communicates with Clinic Operations Manager and staff in the case of denials that will require rescheduling and/or peer-to-peer review by the ordering physician
- Serves as liaison between front office and clinical staff
- Communicates issues, needs, or any other staff /clinic information directly with Clinic Operations Manager
- Answers the telephones and greets patients in a courteous, efficient manner. Routes messages to appropriate discipline.
- Conducts patient check-in and check-out. Obtains pre-patient registration, demographic and insurance information. Collects co-payments at time of service and manages daily cash receipts. Schedules new and return patient appointments, tests and admissions. Pre-certifies all diagnostic tests, procedures and admissions as required by the insurance as required.
- Preps the EMR electronic chart or paper chart for review by Registrars and Clinical Staff. Obtains necessary records prior to patient's appointment.
- Monitors and routes inbound and outbound faxes. Opens and distributes mail as required. Electronically scans appropriate patient related records into the EMR. Distributes outbound correspondence or copies of records as necessary.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service. Responds promptly to patient, physician and clinical requests.
- May communicate to other staff members using Instant Messaging System.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Strong computer skills including Windows file management and MS Office, and e-mail experience. Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work productively and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Qualifications & Requirements: •High school graduate or equivalent with GED.
- Two years Medical Office experience.
We provide on-site chemotherapy treatments at over thirty locations, so patients may receive the necessary care without the strain of long-distance travel.