Third Party Risk Officer Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - London - 34 views
What you will be doing;
• Operating in a highly competitive environment, Technology leverages various Suppliers and other third party engagements to provide efficient distribution channels.
• With presence in multiple countries and over several thousand third party business engagements, TPRM for Technology is a critical function that is responsible for managing day to day risk presented by these operations.
• In an increasingly governed and regulated environment the ability to provide assurance that all the models are being deployed in countries to an agreed standard is paramount.
• The Third Party Risk Officer is a senior role responsible for championing third party risk management related activities across Technology
• The role provides risk management support, subject matter expertise and direction for Third Party Risk related activities and issues in conjunction with the Global Third Party Risk Officer
• The TPRO is responsible to coordinate the implementation of the Group Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy and Framework within Technology
• The TPRO executes and maintains the Technology Third Party Risk Governance strategy to ensure coordinated, consistent, effective and complete adoption of the Technology execution plan for Group TPRM Policy and Framework in their remit
• Advise and Guide Third Party Engagement Managers & Risk Owners by establishing thresholds to identify materiality of Risk or Regulatory importance
Key Accountabilities - Impact on Business
• Support the Global lead by acting as the local point of contact / interface/ champion for TPRM related matters on behalf of Technology
• Review and monitor Third Party Risk related issues across all entities within Technology locally
• Providing advice and guidance to Third Party Engagement Managers and Risk Owners and Accountable Executives.
• Measure Third party against set risk objectives and controls
• Escalation through reporting line where decision/issue is of significant materiality or regulatory importance.
• Escalation of cross risk/cross business impacts where agreement cannot be reached to Global Third Party Risk Office
• Review of analysis, MI and reporting produced by the Global Third Party Utility team
Customers / Stakeholders
The role will involve frequent liaison with a large range of stakeholders including:
• Operations Executives and Regional Forums
• Businesses BRCM, RMM
• Technology Senior Management and Operational Risk Senior Stakeholder
• Internal Audit and External Auditors / Local regulators liaison / engagement
• Risk Domains and Risk Stewards
Leadership & Teamwork
• Act as the management interface between Technology and the Global Third Party Risk Utility
• Influence stakeholders with the Risk Owners, Accountable Executives and Engagement Managers within the business to create an environment of robust, pro-active and risk aware business operation
• Building strong working relationships across Technology
• Work closely with Group TPRM model to align the practices and governance structures to share / absorb best practices
• Maintain transparent communication channels with all relevant stakeholders
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Actively track and manage the ongoing utilization of risk capturing tools and utilities e.g., Archer are rolled out
• Embedding and overseeing the TP Risk procedures and assuring adherence to policies and processes across the Risk Owners.
• Engaging with the Third Party Engagement Managers and Risk Owners within the entities to promote consistency and alignment and holistic Third Party risk reporting.
• Report to the Technology Third Party Governance forum on the nature and level of the Business’s exposure to Third Party Risk and the effectiveness of the arrangement to control the risk and keep the exposure within appetite.
• Performing periodic conformance reviews to ensure:
• Assessment processes are being performed to a satisfactory and consistent quality
• Key issues/incidents are being reported and remediated in a timely and satisfactory manner
The role will require the jobholder to:
• Embed and optimize the capabilities of the new TPRM Utility by extensively reviewing and improving existing processes.
• Proactively work with Technology and the regional / entity management / HOST to ensure alignment of appreciation, understanding and governance of TPRM
• Ensure buy-in and support of all stakeholders the overall TPRM objectives by maintaining high credibility.
• Work closely with the Global TPRO to calibrate and ensure adherence to associated policies, methodologies and processes across Technology.
• The job holder will need to possess outstanding people management skills to develop a close and ongoing working relationship with the senior managers involved. The nature of the role requires highly effective analytical, coordination and influencing skills.
What you will bring to the role;
• Extensive management background preferably with good understanding of Technology with extensive experience at a management level
• A good understanding of HSBC, its markets and the regulatory environment it operates in.
• Strong communication and presentation skills required; with excellent planning, organizing, influencing and commercial skills;
• Highly effective in working with all levels of management and staff and in a matrix environment; adapts well to multi culturally diverse work environments; ability to manage resources in the most effective way to achieve cost/service levels.
• Strong Relationship management and risk management skills.
This role will primarily be London based but some travel may be required.