Trade Credit Underwriter, S/S Full-time Job1 month ago - Financial Services - Montréal - 83 views
We’re looking for an Underwriter to join our growing Trade Credit team!
In this role, you will work with our Insured and broker partners to structure the appropriate solutions to facilitate trade. You will also be responsible for assessing risks, related to the Insured (credit, technical and, contractual), and structuring transactions (pricing, legal requirements, documentation, credit enhancements, etc.) in order to meet customer needs while considering all risk management requirements.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Assess risks related to buyers (credit, technical, contractual, managerial, economic, political), negotiates and structures complex transactions (pricing, legal requirements, documentation) in order to meet customer needs and satisfy Intact’s risk management requirements and presenting the results of risk analysis for approval within the proper guidelines
- Determine financial eligibility on buyers and performs credit risk analysis to understand the company's current and future capabilities with regards to all types of obligations (ex: debt repayment, profitability and cash flow management), and uses business/economic/political analytical thinking to identify other types of risks associated with the transaction
- Partner with various internal stakeholders subject matter experts to determine if transactions are viable and within Intact’s risk managemnt guidelines
- Build your professional network (internally and externally) in order to strengthen and deepen risk analysis and understanding of any specific industry
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 1 year experience in financial analysis or underwriting or related financial services experience
- Knowledge of underwriting and/or financial transaction structuring and /or contract bonding principles and practices
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French
- MBA, CFA, CPA designation an asset
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
As Canadas largest provider of property and casualty insurance, were not only leading our industry, but were redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, were committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.