Training and Development Specialist Full-time Job2 months ago - Training - Cambridge - 1.1K views
What you will be doing
- Supports the development and administration of training and Organizational Development programs and works to implement corporate organizational development initiatives including the PeoplePlan, Continuous Improvement and Employee Recognition/Appreciation.
- Fosters a learning culture and promotes available training and development opportunities, building organizational capacity for learning and development.
- Consults and collaborates with employees and management to facilitate, engage and positively influence the instructional and training environment and provides ongoing guidance and support to assigned trainers both internal and external.
- Coordinates health and safety training and manages all training logistics including setting up classrooms, sending invites to training participants, taking attendance, etc. and organizing training manuals and technical aids including manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Delivers educational curriculum and training based on pre-determined lesson plans applying knowledge of adult learning theory and flexibility in training techniques and adapting to prevalent learning styles of training audience in order reach audiences of varied backgrounds and learning styles. Designs and delivers impactful presentations, facilitates workshops, and provides supporting materials.
- Monitors and collects end user feedback from classroom participants of training and lesson plans, sharing feedback with training designers in order to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Consults with staff and managers as a subject matter expert in learning and development, and group development. Responds in a timely and professional manner to customer requests and needs. Provides educational and awareness building opportunities to raise collective understanding of learning and development best practices and approaches. Facilitates training needs analyses to identify organizational and individual training requirements.
- Administers the Learning Management System (LMS), maintains training records and analyzes monthly and annual training reports and stats to make training program recommendations. Assists the LMS end users, instructors, and managers.
Two year College Diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- Certificate in Adult Education/Staff Training is an asset.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP); and/or Certified Training Practitioner (CTP) and/or Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) is considered an asset.
Experience and Knowledge
Minimum one to two year working knowledge of:
- Creating and implementing Learning and Development programs.
- Implementing, developing and maintaining a Learning Management System.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational health and safety principles and practices including the Occupational H&S Act and Employment Standards Act.
- Exceptional planning and execution.
- Superior communication (verbal, written, and teaching) skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
The City of Cambridge, MA is a public agency and a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.