Transit Drivers Full-time Job1 month ago - Tourism & Restaurants - Sechelt - 69 views
The Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) is the regional government serving the approximate 30,000 residents of the Sunshine Coast. Bordered by rugged mountains on one side and the Georgia Strait on the other, the Sunshine Coast is situated on a peninsula between Howe Sound and Jervis Inlet in the traditional territory of the Sechelt and Squamish First Nations. Known for its mild winters, beautiful surroundings, arts, culture, and friendly people, the Sunshine Coast is not only a preferred tourist destination, it is a great place to live.
The Sunshine Coast Regional District is currently inviting applications for the position of Transit Driver (casual). Under the general direction of the Transportation Superintendent, as Transit Driver and HandiDART driver, the incumbent provides regularly scheduled bus service to customers of the lower Sunshine Coast. Under the general direction of the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, as Service Person, the incumbent cleans, washes and pre-trips transit buses.
- To meet on-call requirements, candidates must be available to report to work on short notice for any shift, 7 days per week. Transit hours of operation: 4:00 am through 1:00 am.
- Casuals relieve employees who are on sick leave, leave of absence, vacation, or peak work periods for overload situations; there are no regularly scheduled hours nor any guarantee of hours.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion of a road test and a RCMP Criminal Records Search.
This is a bargaining unit position. The appropriate hourly rate will be received for the work as assigned.
- $26.49 – Service Person (Transit Assistant)
- $28.65 - HandiDART Driver
- $30.99 - Transit Driver (Conventional bus)