UK-BC Service Trainee Full-time Job1 month ago - Customer Services - Huntingdon - 28 views
Banking Center Service Specialist during the first 6 months of employment. Position responsibilities extend to learning, mastering and carrying out a standard range of service assignments as specified below. I. General Tasks and Skills
• Provide basic financial services within assigned authority limit including, but not limited to, cashing checks, accepting individual deposits, buying and selling local and foreign currency, selling financial papers.
• Maintain adequate supply of cash to meet business needs while complying with standard limits, and accurately balance cash holdings daily.
• Complete transactions initiated by other sections/departments by paying out loans, processing wire/CHAPS transfers and accepting loan payments.
• Process Night Depository containers and Subject to Count deposits on an as needed basis.
• Process organizational transactions on an as needed basis.
• Become familiar with ATM servicing and replenishment
• Learn to perform and become familiar with being a dual control member when servicing ATM machines, processing incoming and outgoing cash shipments or transporting cash requiring military or security police support.
• Open and close accounts (i.e. Checking and Savings Accounts and Certificates of Deposit) for authorized individuals utilizing the Relationship Building Notes (RBN).
• Become familiar with opening and closing accounts (i.e. Check and Savings Accounts) for organizational customers.
• Initiate and cancel account services (i.e. ATM Cards, checking to savings transfers).
• Learn to perform account maintenance tasks for individual account holders and organizational accounts (i.e. Account Life Extensions, Stop Payments, local bill pay recalls).
• May learn to process standard loans through the automated loan decision rendering software application.
• Assist customers in enrolling and conducting Online Banking, and with Mobile Banking questions.
• Handle routing customer inquiries.
• Learn to reconcile Financial Paper Working Stock log and compare with Printed Checks Report.
• Prepare wire transfers.
• Process Standing Payment Orders as needed.
• Process check orders for sterling and dollar accounts.
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
• Follow work station security, robbery, and bomb threat procedures.
• Ensure the protection of confidential and proprietary information.
• Protect entrusted keys, combinations and codes.
• Comply with fraud prevention, anti-money laundering policy and procedures and any other regulatory compliance
• Protect the Bank and Department of Defense assets.
III. Service Delivery
• Build knowledge of the standard scope of the Bank’s products and services.
• Perform all customer transactions in a professional manner to build customer confidence and trust.
• Apply all Playbook behaviors and demonstrate the Community Bank Spirit and Core Values
IV. Required Skills
• Cash handling and customer service related experience
• Engage with customers; effectively communicate, build rapport and overcome objections
• Strong customer focus; ability to respond and assist customers with inquiries and/or problem resolutions
• Strong communication skills (including verbal and non-verbal) and active listening skills
• Careful attention to detail and time management
• Proficiency in basic computer skills (MS Office)
V. Preferred Skills
• Prior banking experience a plus