Underwriter, Credit Insurance, S / S Full-time Job6 months ago - Financial Services - Montréal - 200 views
Our growing credit insurance team is looking for an underwriter!
The incumbent will work with our policyholders and broker partners to develop appropriate solutions and facilitate business relationships. He will also be responsible for evaluating the risks associated with the insured (on technical, contractual and credit levels) and for structuring the transactions (pricing, legal obligations, documentation, credit enhancement, etc.) in order to meet the needs. of the client while respecting the requirements relating to risk management.
Here are some of the ways you will influence the course of things:
- Assess buyer risks (technical, contractual, economic, political, credit and managerial), negotiate and structure complex transactions (pricing, legal obligations, documentation) to meet client needs and satisfy to Intact's risk management requirements, and present the results of risk analyzes for approval in consideration of relevant standards.
- Establish buyers' financial eligibility and perform credit risk analysis to determine the current and future capacity of the business with respect to various types of obligations (debt repayment, profitability, cash management, etc. ). Analyze business, economic and political aspects to determine other types of risks associated with the transaction.
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to determine if transactions are viable and meet Intact's risk management requirements.
- Build a professional network (internal and external) to strengthen and deepen risk analysis and understanding of any related industry.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, accounting, finance, commerce, or other relevant discipline.
- At least one year of experience in financial analysis or underwriting or related to financial services.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of underwriting, structuring transactions and executing contracts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in French and English.
- MBA, CPA or CFA title, an asset.
Here are some of the benefits that bring people to work with us:
- An inspiring and award-winning workplace that supports its employees and recognizes great work
- Challenging and ambitious projects and development opportunities that will help you develop your skills and advance your career.
- The flexibility to choose where and how you work.
- A comprehensive financial benefits package that recognizes your successes.
- A wide range of flexible benefits.
- Industry-leading employee share purchase plan with a matching contribution of 50% of net shares purchased.
- A loose dress code that encourages you to be yourself.
- A wellness expense account with a basic annual amount of $ 350 to support an active lifestyle.
Equal access to employment
At Intact, our values guide everything we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our commonalities. That's why we are committed to creating an inclusive and inspiring workplace for all employees.
If you need special accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to help you.
As a publicly traded employer and financial services company, it is important to us to act in the best interests of customers, our employees and our shareholders. We want Intact to be a great place to work! That is why we will ask internal and external applicants to consent to a background check so that we can find out more about you. Please note that a good credit report is required for positions with access to financial data or funds.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted job as long as you have been in your current role for at least 12 months and your performance is deemed good or your temporary contract expires. An external talent search is carried out in parallel with internal recruitment. Please note therefore that potential internal candidates may have been identified for this position as part of their development plan.
Right to work in Canada
It is important that you are legally authorized to work in Canada at the time the offer of employment is made to you. You may then be asked to provide proof of eligibility.
As Canadas largest provider of property and casualty insurance, were not only leading our industry, but were redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, were committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.