Vice President Financial Planning Full-time Job4 months ago - Financial Services - Victoria - 138 views
Provides financial and investment planning and advice to deliver a solution in the best interests of the customer. Determines client needs and provides solutions though the sales of managed products and services (e.g. mutual funds, retirement savings plans, and similar products). Provides other solutions indirectly through referrals to business partners.
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Develops internal and external networks and referral sources to grow business in the assigned portfolio / jurisdiction.
- Oversees the implementation and delivery of business development strategies and sales initiatives.
- Enhances presence in the marketplace by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to create integrated business development strategies.
- Implements business development strategies to acquire new business (e.g. outbound calling campaigns, conducting seminars) and cultivate branch employee referrals.
- Identifies opportunities during customer conversations to generate referrals for personal and commercial banking products (e.g. personal banking, lending, and investments).
- Supports the achievement of sales and performance targets.
- Ensures the execution of relationship management activities to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Resolves or escalates issues to meet customer expectations in a timely manner.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business / group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Executes change management plans effectively to ensure focus on delivering business results.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Introduces clients to investment strategies and works with clients to develop a financial plan using appropriate guidance tools.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal, and ethical requirements.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 7-10 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CFP designation preferred or one of the following:
- Personal Financial Planner (PFP) designation,
- Wealth Management Essentials (WME) + Financial Planning Supplement, Professional Financial Planning Course (PFPC),
- Financial Planning I & II (FP I & II).
- Canadian Securities Course - Licensed to sell mutual funds excluding QC or IQPF in Quebec.
- Expert business development experience with successful track record.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .