Vice President, Product Engineering Full-time Job6 months ago - Engineering - London - 63 views
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
iShares is the market leader in exchange traded funds (ETFs), marketed and managed by BlackRock. iShares funds are available to institutional investors and private investors. iShares funds combine the advantages of stocks with the benefits of index funds: iShares can be bought and sold like any other shares listed on a stock exchange and provide instant exposure to an entire index through a single security. They therefore combine the flexibility and tradability of a share with the diversification of a fund. iShares funds are a flexible mechanism for achieving cost-effective market exposure at the desired level and at the moment it’s required.
For further information please see www.ishares.com
This is an important role in the iShares EMEA Product Engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for Fixed Income Product Integrity for EMEA’s iShares ETFs. The purpose of the role is to ensure our range of ETFs are regularly monitored against a quality framework, and to identify enhancements needed to ensure our funds continue to deliver the best outcomes for clients. This role requires close collaboration with technical teams such as Risk and Quantitative Analysis, Product Strategy, Global Markets, Innovation and portfolio managers. In addition, the successful candidate will work alongside the Product Architecture and Product Delivery teams to ensure the assist in Product design and launch decisions.
- Work with internal experts to monitor the quality of each fixed income ETF in terms of fund metrics based on 5 quality pillars: Market Quality; Tracking Performance; Capacity; Legal, Regulatory and Operational Risk; and Client Value Proposition
- Lead the identification of quality enhancing opportunities
- Conduct process reviews to identify ongoing risks in managing the funds, taking into account any operating events or near misses. Identify and implement risk mitigation strategies to improve the operational robustness of the ETFs
- Represent iShares Product Engineering in advance planning for external high impact events such as terrorism, market failure or sanctions. Be prepared to react quickly to develop mitigating strategies for unforeseen events where necessary to protect our clients, the firm and the operation of our products
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes that impact the iShares fund range in all applicable jurisdictions. Ensure any changes required to the funds or to the platform are made within the timelines required by the authorities
- Develop deep expertise across the entire iShares EMEA product range. Be able to answer technical questions from clients, intermediaries and sales teams among others
- Continually expand and deepen iShares Product Engineering technical and investment knowledge base. Stay abreast of current market environment and the latest relevant investment research and apply where relevant
- Ensure appropriate transfer of product information to other departments within Product Engineering and the iShares business
- Be a product champion, representing iShares internally and externally, where appropriate.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting segment within the asset management industry. The role is critical to ensure iShares retains its market leadership position in European ETFs by ensuring our products continue to operate effectively in evolving markets and the range remains relevant to the changing needs of clients.
- Experience in a technical product management or related role advantageous. Demonstrable product expertise, preferably with ETFs or other UCITS investment products
- Deep understanding of fixed income securities and collective investment schemes, and how different client types use them in their portfolios
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate to define and design optimal solutions
- Awareness of European regulations relating to the European financial services industry and in particular the UCITS regulatory framework
- Experience and understanding of multiple asset classes, including equity, fixed income and commodities
- Firm understanding of the sales process and client considerations in evaluating investment products
- High level of self-motivation and leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience working across virtual teams and ability to influence and champion initiatives
- Exceptional and demonstrable communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Resourceful, proactive and able to operate effectively in a highly demanding team environment
- Good understanding of the investment process and of a variety of cash and synthetic instruments
- Attention to detail, and ability to pick up & digest new information quickly
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry and particularly of asset management
- A broad understanding of tax, portfolio management, regulatory and operational requirements
- Passionate about the investment business
- Hard working and driven to succeed
- University degree calibre candidate
- Knowledge of a further European language is an advantage
- IMC, CFA or MBA a plus