VP OF ENGINEERING Full-time Job3 months ago - Engineering - London - 51 views
Head of Engineering AI /Deep Learning
Our client is a VC-backed UK tech company providing deep learning-based computer vision software.. Since starting in 2019 our client has been awarded Hottest Climate Tech/ Green Tech Startup by Europas2020
As VP of Engineering, you will join a technically and commercially strong team in developing and licensing a world-leading artificial intelligence waste analytics platform. Having successfully raised funding and won POCs with some of the best brands in our market, we are ready to grow from servicing a few customers to 100+ customers.
- Technical leader in an early-stage company. You will be taking on a high impact role with the ability to shape the companies future direction in a nascent market that is wide open for the taking.
- You will lead and build out a world-class technical team to develop a proprietary machine vision neural network that can accurately recognise and characterise a range of household and commercial waste materials.
- You are in charge of scaling our AI platforms to ingest thousands of moving image feeds and provide real-time actionable insights to help monitor and capture resources at scale.
- You will guide the development of solutions and integration with hardware to assist our clients and stakeholders to capture waste and unlock the financial value of waste.
- As the VP of Engineering, you will be reporting to the CEO and become a core member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Demonstrable experience leading and scaling startups
- 10+ years of progressive engineering experience, culminating in leadership
- Product Management Collaboration successes
- Successful leadership of medium-sized teams nearshore
- Prior experience in cognitive computing product development is an advantage
- Scrum, Agile, TDD
- ElasticSearch, serverless, NoSQL, and Jira
- Strong knowledge of TensorFlow or other deep learning libraries (Pytorch, Keras)
- Experienced in using popular computer vision libraries like OpenCV, FFMPEG
- Experienced in using object-oriented programming languages like Python, Java, C++ (or others)
- Experienced in using version control (git or svn)
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCP
- Depth in DevOps, Continuous Delivery